Patient Portal FAQ
How will I know when something has been added to my Portal?
Whenever information is added to your Portal account, we will send you a message to the email address you supplied (this email address is also your Portal username.) You will also receive verification emails if there has been a requested change to your account (such as password, email/username or other contact information.)
What should I do if I notice information in my Portal that is not correct?
Please notify us as quickly as possible if you identify information in your Portal account that is not correct. Call the Health Information Management (Medical Records) department at our Hospital.
Is the Portal available in Spanish?
At hospital registration, if you choose Spanish as your preferred language, the Portal instructions you will receive via email — and general information within the Portal — will be in Spanish. Please note that contents of the clinical documents will not be converted to Spanish. At any time, once you are in your Portal account, you can change your language preference.
Do I need any special equipment to use the Portal?
No, it’s easy to use. You can access Health Record Home from any computer or smart phone with Internet connection. You don’t have to download or install any programs – just log on to the Portal with your username (the email address you provided to establish the Portal account) and password, and then answer your security question.
Once you log-in, there are help sections inside the Portal to guide you. It’s really very easy to use. If you use the Internet, you’ll most likely find the portal helpful and easy to navigate.
Please note: Internet browsers older than 5 years may not be compatible with the Portal.
How do I set up a Portal account?
Here are the few simple steps to sign up while you are at Martin General Hospital:
- Show your photo identification at Hospital Registration and provide your email address. Or you can call the Hospital Health Information Management department or our toll-free Help Line at (844) 686-3498 to verify your identity and provide an email address.
- We’ll send you an email with a link to the Portal: https://martingeneral.healthrecordhome.com
- Click on the link to go to the Portal and set up your account.
- Enter your name as it appears in the email you received, and your date of birth
- Create a password and choose a security question.
- Log in to view and send your information!
Bookmark the site to make it convenient to visit regularly.
What will my username be?
Your username will always be the email address you provided to set up your secure Portal account.
What will my password be?
You will set you own password when you first log in to complete your account set-up. Inside the Portal, there is a “Change Password” option on the log in screen. If you change your password, you will receive an alert email – because we want to verify that it was you who requested the password reset.
After I set up my account, when and how do I log in?
Bookmark the site to make it convenient to visit regularly. We also will be adding new features often, so check back often.
For extra security each time you log on, you will need to enter your password and answer your security question.
You will receive an email notification each time information is added to your account, or changes are made. The emails will have a link to make it easy for you to click right to the Portal.
How can I access my child’s or other family member’s health information?
With proper authorization, a Representative account can be created that allows you to access and/or manage a selected family member’s health information just as with a personal account. Or, children may be registered as patients with the Portal, and authorized individuals may be granted access to their information. We’re happy to help you with this process. Please contact our Health Information Management department (Medical Records) while you are at Martin General Hospital or call our toll-free Portal help line – (844) 686-3498.
Can I give others access to my information?
You will be able to add access for others on the Representative page once you log into the Portal. Only you and those you authorize will be able to see or gain access to the information in your Portal.
Can I log-in to the Portal from my smartphone?
You can access Health Record Home from your smart phone – or any computer, tablet or smart phone with internet connection. The Portal has user-friendly navigation, and is easy to use on mobile.
Password and Log-In Help
What if I forget my password?
On the Portal login page there is a “Forgot Password” option. Inside the portal, in the Profile section you can also change your password. If you change your password, you will receive an alert email – because we want to verify that it was you who requested the password reset.
What if I have trouble logging in or using the Portal?
We’re happy to help you with any Portal access issues. Call our toll-free Health Record Home Portal help line at (844) 686-3498 . If you are in the hospital and have questions, we can connect you with someone who can help.
What if I lock myself out of the Portal?
The lock out lasts for 15 minutes, then you can retry your login or change your password if needed.
What if I have other questions?
Please call our toll-free Patient Portal Help Line at (844) 686-3498 . We are happy to help
What should I do if I notice information in my Portal is incorrect?
Please notify us as quickly as possible if you identify information in your Portal account that is not correct. Call the toll-free Patient Portal Help Line at (844) 686-3498.
Confidentiality and Privacy
Will my information in the portal be secure?
Yes, your personal and medical information in the Health Record Home Portal will be kept confidential. Health Record Home uses a secure, encrypted connection that meets the highest industry standards. All health data is stored on a secure server and managed with the protection of your information in mind. Only you – and those you authorize – will be able to see or gain access to the information in your Portal.
We will not share, sell or lease your personal information with any outside party not affiliated with our organization. .
I don’t have an email address. How do I get one?
There are many free, web-based, e-mail providers. It usually takes a few minutes to create an account. Below are a several accounts available that are free. Simply go to the website and follow the simple, step-by-step directions.
- At www.gmail.com, click on the link that says “Create an Account.”
- At www.hotmail.com, click the link that says “Sign up.”
- At www.yahoo.com, click the link that says “Sign up.”
Then you can choose an email address and password and enter some minimal personal information to create your own email address. You can log in and access your email from any computer or smart phone with internet access.
Can my spouse and I share the same email address for our individual Patient Portal accounts?
No. Each Portal account is private and specific for an individual patient only. Since your Patient Portal account is associated with a specific email address you provide, your spouse will need a separate email address for his/her own Patient Portal account.
Why do I need to use a hospital Portal?
- It will help you be better informed and more engaged in managing your health.
- It increases your involvement in decision-making about your healthcare and gives you the ability to track and manage health and wellness.
- The Portal allows you to view, transmit or download health information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- It’s another way to improve the coordination of your care.
- You will have private access to your personal medical records related to hospital stays – anytime, day or night – even when traveling.
- The Portal is absolutely free! The service is provided by us to help you become a healthier, more informed patient.
- The Portal is for your eyes only. Only you – and those you authorize – will be able to see or gain access to the information in your Portal.
- You will be able to add access for others you choose and specifically designate.
- After you’re discharged from the hospital, you can easily access discharge instructions and other information to help with your recovery.
- With proper authorization, you can manage a family member’s health records in his/her Portal account.
- Understanding and using your hospital Portal account will help you.