Martin General Hospital offers general and specialized surgical procedures. Many of these procedures are available on a same-day, outpatient basis.
We offer outpatient and inpatient surgeries five days a week and emergency procedures as needed. Our staff of OR physicians, nurses and anesthesiologists are here to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible before, during and after your surgery.
Pre-admission testing takes place before your procedure and usually includes blood work, EKG exam, chest X-ray, physical assessment and recording your medical history.
The Outpatient Services and Endoscopy Center is a private surgical unit within the hospital, offering a full range of same-day services.
- Endoscopy Procedures – bronchoscopy, colonoscopy, EGD, sigmoidoscopy
- General Surgery – gallbladder removal, appendectomy, breast biopsy, laparoscopic procedures
- Ophthalmology Surgery – cataract extractions, glaucoma procedures
- Orthopedic Surgery – arthroscopy, carpal tunnel, joint surgery, hand/foot surgery, restorative/grafts, sports injuries, total joint replacement, trauma
- Podiatry – bunion, hammer digits, heel spur, neuromas, warts
Things to remember:
- Arrange a ride to and from the hospital by a responsible adult who must remain at the hospital for the duration of your procedure.
- Follow your physician’s instructions before and after surgery.
- Leave all jewelry and valuables at home.
Related Services and Conditions
Colorectal Cancer Screening and Colonoscopy Prep Although colorectal cancer is one of the most common cancers in the United States, it often goes undetected, according to the American Cancer Society. Symptoms do not usually occur until the disease is advanced and 75%...
Does everything you eat cause pain? Pain in the upper right or upper middle of your stomach after eating is often caused by a gallbladder condition, such as gallstones. If you’re suffering from this or symptoms including nausea, vomiting, fever, yellowing of the skin...
You don’t have to sit still for hemorrhoids Did you know that by age 50, about half of people will experience hemorrhoids? If you’re one of them – and you’ve had enough of the burning, itching and pain – call us today. Treatment is available on an outpatient basis,...
Hernias can be more than a pain in the side. If you experience a heavy feeling in your abdomen when you bend, pain when you lift heavy objects or a lump that enlarged when you strain and disappears when you lie down, it could be a hernia. Having it treated will not...