Chronic, non-healing wounds, those that haven’t shown signs of improvement in several weeks or are not responding to typical treatments, need extra help to heal. Difficult wounds of this type are often caused by injury, disease or poor blood supply. Martin General Hospital provides specialized treatment for these types of wounds.
During your first visit, our wound healing team will evaluate your wound and review your medical history and general health. Depending on the origin of your wound, you may need to have special tests to provide important information about the flow of blood, tissue oxygenation and whether there’s an infection complicating the healing process.
Phone: (252) 809-6350
Fax: (252) 809-6353
- Bio-Engineered Skin Substitutes
- Biological and Bio-Synthetics
- Comprehensive Wound Assessment
- Compression Therapy
- Excisional and Selective Debridement
- Hyperbaric Medicine
- Intravenous Infusion Services
- Negative Pressure Therapy
- Skin Perfusion Pressure and Pulse Volume Recording Diagnostics
- Transcutaneous Oxygen Measurement
- Wound Photography and Electronic Documentation
- Wound Care Consultation by Specially Trained Clinicians and Staff
Related Services and Conditions
If you’re living with diabetes, you may be prone to foot problems—including frequent wounds. Getting immediate care for this issue is crucial to preventing or stopping infection and other serious complications, including limb loss. At Roanoke Surgical, we offer a full...